"Accept the place the divine providence has found for you, the society of your contemporaries, the connection of events. " -Emerson's essay.
To me, this part of Emerson's essay goes hand in hand when the creator of the Monkey King has come to tell him that he is just a little monkey. He had made him that way and that is what he will always be! Clearly this proves my point :) . These two talk to each other because of the way the monkey was to accept himself as only a monkey, leading him to "the connection of events" explaining how the monkey was stuck under all those rocks for 500 years, till the "master" came and asked for his help. This little event was supposed to make the monkey accept himself as only a monkey, and that his purpose is to help this "mortal master". I loved these two pieces of text because they are so clearly hand in hand!!!
Neil Gaiman 11/19
17 years ago

2 comments:
I agree, they do relate so well!
...bu, ask you ask on your page--I forgot why Christmas is red and green...I'll let you know...if I remember. lol.
haha thanks!!! =) thatd be great llol
Post a Comment