Monday, September 29, 2008

The Bluest Eye

As I was reading The Bluest Eye, I was definitely confused on the beginning of it! I wonder why she put the "Here is the house it is green and white.." passage over and over, first spaced out, then ending at the words scrunched together at the last of the page... and she would put parts of it in the beginning of a page, for example, on page 38 she put some of that passage on there in capital letters... I guess I don't really understand the point of that!

I also wondered why there aren't any chapters. It was pretty creative though that these were the seasons that took place in the book and let my imagination roll on as to what the weather was like for these people in the book.

I thought about the universality of the text... as far as the "here is the house it is green and white" passage. I just applied it to how one of the little girls on the book lived in a green house... and if maybe this is what she was thinking....

No comments: