How does the text combine what multimodal scholars have come to recognize as the 5 modes of multimodal literacy: linguistic, visual, spatial, gestural, and audio?
I think that the text combines linguistic, visual, spatial, gestural and audio multimodal literacy by taking it all and putting it into one big text. You can see all these things just by reading it! You get a great visual through reading it, with pictures as examples... I can hear the text just by reading it. It's very well illustrated and it's almost like you can hear what the person is saying, even though there is no one there. The way something is written, let's say, in capital letters, can change the pitch of an audio sound when you read it. It's meant to be loud, or empowering!
My experience reading McCloud's text, made me dizzy at first because I feel like there's so much going on in just one page!, but other than that, I was surprised to see that I learned a lot from it; because I'm a visual learner =)..But at the beginning in Chapter 1, when he was explaining the Egyptian drawings...It seemed it was all so jam packed there that it made me dizzy and I wanted to flip to the next page...I like the parts where it's easy to follow and read simply! His text caught my attention also through his cartoon of himself; I wonder if he really looks like that!
Neil Gaiman 11/19
17 years ago

1 comment:
I was wondering the same thing!
Post a Comment