My Thesis Gallery:
American Born Chinese
1.) What is the continuos pattern of American Born Chinese?
2.) What is the universality of Yang's text?
3.) How are all the three stories in Yang's text similar?
4.) What are the cultural conflicts between Chinese and Americans in Yang's text?
So far these are all I could think of! Yang's text really interested me as far as what I would like to write about for our first paper! Any suggestions or comments about any of these thesis?
P.S. Im only picking one out of the 4!!! =) Thank you!!! =)
Neil Gaiman 11/19
17 years ago

5 comments:
Really good questions, some of which I hadn't thought of. If you focus on all of them, your topic will probably be too broad. Maybe narrow it down to one or two.
Joe
You do have some very good questions i think you might even have some creative/thinking outside the box ones very nice!
I like the idea of cultural conflicts between European Americans and Chinese Americans. That would be a fun one to research.
I liked thesis ideas #2 and #4. My ideas were pretty similar, and I think that a lot can be said on both of these topics! Nice work!
Allison
I agree with Joe. These are all good ideas, but you want to be as "narrow" as possible for the Close Reading. You might go back to the text itself and find a specific set of panels that really intrigues you, then write your thesis specifically around those panels. Trying to discuss the entire book with be difficult in a close reading :)
Post a Comment