I read the article, "What Are Multimodalities, Multisemniotics, and Multiliteracies?" And I found it pretty interesting. First, I will define them how I understood them. Multimodalities are our senses that let us experience life, like seeing, hearing, smelling and touching. We do that everyday. Multisemniotics is very similiar to that, because that is our responses to our personal history, experiences, cultures, communities, and how we identify ourselves, so, our identity as individual people. Last, are Multiliteracies. I understood these as ANY KIND OF TEXT that you read, interpret, and learn on. It can be anything on the computer, paper, etc. For example, we can read text on a computer, and learn from it. We can also learn from people showing us gestures with their hands, and with props. It all connects.
You encounter everyday situations with multimodality and multiliteracies. For multimodality, I was sitting on a chair on my deck eating a sandwich and watching a soccer game (all the soccer fields are on my backyard! It's sweet) and it was a really nice, sunny day. All the sense of enjoying the weather, watching the game, and eating a really yummy sandwich i made, gave me an experience. For multiliteracies, I was in class and a professor was using a power-point for our class notes. I read them on the screen, but then wrote them down on my notebook. He also used a pointer...all these things helped me write down and learn what we did in class.
Neil Gaiman 11/19
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment