Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Class Writing #2

What Are "REAL BOOKS"?

I think Real books is any book with text in it, with page numbers and pages!?! Haha I don't really know how to explain it...Something that's written on text in a book with pages and page numbers that you read from left to right horizontally and it's either a story (fiction or not), or any type of book about ANYTHING.

As far as visual texts go like comics...I never really got into reading them! I was one of those people that it was hard for me to read McCloud's text (it really gave me a headache!). I don't really like them, because I think it's too many little pictures and little sentences that take up a whole page and keep going! For some people it's more enjoyable to read that, but not for me, I think I prefer reading a book! =)The one comics that do catch my attention are the ones with the picture and it will say a sentence at the bottom of the page of the catch of the joke. To me, those are more entertaining than comic books!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you like single panel comic strips rather than multipanel strip...

that's understandable... my favorite single panel will always be The Far Side.

Shannon said...

I agree that reading McCloud's book for the first time can be quite overwhelming. I've read it a few times now, and still feel a little dizzy on occasion. The other graphic novels won't be quite so "busy" :) Looking forward to reading more of your ideas and interpretations Natacha!